Monday

prom

reading  through The Skinny Blog (forever21), i saw their feature about Prom-worthy dresses suddenly made me reminisce about my HS Prom too... hahaha.. i remember how bad it was.

i didnt really want to go to the Prom, because our school was requiring us to get a date, a girl-date!! and im totally gay (closeted at that time)... i came from an all-boys catholic school, so basically you have to ask a girl from a different school to come with you and be her date for your pathetic Prom night.... and ill die to do it!

i remember, Mum was asking all our neighbor's daughters if they could join me, there were some who agreed to come, there are some who didnt because of the same reason, they have to attend the Prom on their school at that same night.. but gay as iam, i said ''no Mum, i dont need a date! i can go there alone and ill be fine!''... Mum didnt argue anymore.

night of the Prom, i came to the venue riding a cab alone, my friends were asking "where's your date?" i just said "unfortunately she's really sick this morning so i decided to be alone"... and the whole night i was Bored!!

going back to that night in my mind today made me think that i was so stupid not to enjoy one of the happiest part of my HS life, just because i dont want to date a girl, but instead be a girl dated by someone hehehe..

few days back my bestfriend Aj asked me to pick a dress for her sister's Prom and do her make-up too, i said to myself "wow eto na naman, hinahunt ako ng JS Prom kase hindi ko inenjoy".. but seeing her sister loved the dress i picked made me realized 'maybe i wasnt really meant for Proms, iam made to be the stylist for Proms!...

iam a Prom Queen in my own way! =)

No comments: