Friday

near death new year experience

i have never valued life more than ever, but not after my near death experience just this new year....

i was about to go and meet my friends in Makati to say goodbye to 2008, im kinda depressed about certain things so instead of welcoming new year in my mum's house, i decided to go out....

at exactly 9:30pm, i was on my way, i was texting Drea so as to where we're going to meet each other. before i left home my mum even told me "mike makinig ka sa'kin delikado ngayon wag ka na umalis"... but i didnt listen... i told her "ma i need this"... and she said "bahala ka"...

so after 45 mins. i was already in baclaran, waiting for a cab that would take me to ayala, but no drivers would want to waste their time being stuck in the traffic. so after losing my patience, i waited for a bus instead, ive been waiting at the stop for more than 20 mins. along with other people but still there's no bus...

i texted Drea and ask her if there's any other way that i can take on the way to makati without taking the bus or cab... but immediately after i sent the message i felt an arm around my neck and a home-made gun (sumpak) on the left side of my body, i was petrified, i could see that people around me was running away from where i was and no one was willing to help or to call for help, one of my captives said "wag ka nang lumaban" then one of them punch me in the stomach for 3 times (there were 6 of them actually).



i knew in that very moment i was going to die, i can feel the breath of death in my face. i closed my eyes and said to myself "god kaw na bahala"... but after a few seconds i realized i was alone, my captives are running away from me, i was dumbfounded, i then thought that "baka naawa sila at umalis na lang" but then when i started to look for my wallet and cellphone, i do not have it with me anymore... "natangay na nila" was all i could say to myself.

i do not know what to do, i cant think of anything but i know i was thankful to god that im still alive...

the first thing that comes to mind was to call somebody, but i only have 2 cellphone numbers that i memorized and thats my mom's and my bff paolo's number... i chose to call paolo coz i was thinking that mom would be furious because she warned me earlier...

so i asked one of the policemen "manong pwede bang makitawag sa phone mu, magpapasundo lang ako" and he replied "pwede text na lang kasi wala akong load eh"..
so i texted paolo to call the precint... natatakot na kasi ako and at the same time
im so hungry...

one of the police "runner" offered me some food sabi nya "ser kaen muna kayo baka magutom ka tsaka nagpuputukan na sa labas mamimiss moang medya noche".

but i didnt even welcome the thought na new year na, after a few mins. paolo called the station and i cried over the phone kasi naman i feel like im so alone, and at the same time im starting to miss badong (name of my phone)...

paolo said that he'll go to the station pero mga 5am pa kasi mahirap sumakay and at the same time baka sya naman ang maholdap diba...

so i waited till 5am, pero 6am na sya nakadating.. pagdating ni paolo tsaka lang ako narelieve kasi alam ko makakauwi na ko... haaayyy!!!

grabe talaga yung experience na yon sobra yung takot ko, lesson learned: sometimes you really have to listen to your mom.. minsan tama ang mga nanay... hehehe

to badong: im going to miss you, and ill be missing you always for the rest of my life sana ingatan sya ng mga nakakuha sa kanya..

No comments: